Happy Labor Day

never knew why we celebrated Labor Day nor why it was called "Labor Day" when you weren't suppose to labor.  I just looked it up and all I got out of it was that nobody knows for sure who really founded the holiday, Peter McGuire or a Matthew Maguire.  They both have similar last names so I guess I can understand why that would be confusing.  And the first Labor Day holiday was celebrated on Tuesday, Sept. 5, 1882. *(sources from http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm)
So, there is your history for today regarding Labor Day.  You're welcome. :)


Little miss Anna and I did absolutely nothing today.  We had a storm pass through that lasted all day and so  we stayed home.  Kyle had to work so it was just the two of us.  It was a perfect no make up/ throw hair up in messy bun/ play and dance around with Anna (while she looked at me like I was crazy)/ rock on balcony with Anna as she stared amazed at the tree that was swaying with the wind/ read a good book while baby sleeps kind of day.  Topped with blowing spit bubbles with daddy and giving bashful smiles when playing peek-a-boo.  
"I love my life"  :)  
Now the weather is being such a tease.  It feels like fall outside.  I am soaking it all in before the heat and humidity return.  
Hope you had a fabulous labor day.