Only a few more hours left of the last day of January.  I would normally make a comment about how I can't believe it's the end of the month already.   However, this month didn't seem to go by so fast.  It wasn't slow either.  Just smooth sailin', I suppose.
A few days ago, Anna turned 9 months.  Kyle and I have been blessed with getting to know, hold, kiss, laugh, dance, nurture and just love on her for 9 months!  What a gift!
She has accomplished so many things this past month.  She can officially wave.  Her favorite thing to wave to?  A light/ fan and her reflection.  She is too much fun.  She also officially pulls up on things and climbs.  Yes, I said climbs.  She has found the stairs.  So far, she has only made it to the first step.  And that is all she will get to for a while.  Baby gate time.  Yesterday, she figured out how to sip from a straw. We have been practicing the sippy cup for a while now.  You have realize, Anna has never taken a bottle.  She, from the time she was just a few weeks old and we first tried, hated it.  Just won't do it.  Then I tried introducing the sippy cup when we started solids.  It was nothing but a toy that put water in your mouth so that you could spit out.  I then purchased a sippy with a straw and by the second day, she drink from it like she has done this for years.  I clapped and "yay'ed" (< that a real word?) for her.  She just kind of looked at me like I had a second head growing from my neck at first.  She then smiled the biggest grin.
I had to laugh at myself for getting so excited.  However, I love this new life.  I love that I get excited at things like my daughter drinking from a sippy cup or her no longer needing a "baby tub" at bath time.
My personality is the type that I am always looking for "what's next?".  It's actually hard for me to enjoy and embrace the moment.  Even when I like that moment, I naturally want the next good moment.  Anna has taught me, (and is still teaching me), to just chill.  Sit back and take it all in.  Don't rush.  I believe it's more that I just don't want her to grow up too fast.  I don't want to think back and not be able to remember the time that she first drink from a straw, or whatever other accomplishment, because I was looking for what's next.

Sweet Anna love,
What an amazing gift you are!  You bring such joy and happiness to mamma and daddy's heart.  Love you, little one.


Popular Posts