"You are my sunshine"


The sun is slowly, but surely, rising.
After my miscarriage it was so dark that at times I felt I was permanently blind.  However, I was, thankfully, very wrong.  My heart is healing and I see the sunrise.  And it's gloriously beautiful!

When I have my days where the grey clouds roll in on my sunshine, my amazing Anna knows how to light it back up again.  On this particular day, I couldn't sit still for even a few minutes without my mind wandering back to my miscarriage and my eyes filling up with tears.  At one moment when this happened as I was sitting on the floor watching her play, she walked up to me and wrapped her chubby little arms around my neck and gave me the biggest hug.  She brings such a smile to my face and happiness in my heart that there are not enough "thank yous" I could offer to God.  I am extremely grateful for the Holy Spirit leading my daughter to love on me when I need it.

My sweet Anna,
I have always called you my sunshine and what truth that nickname holds for you.