The Hippie Hocky Family

I know I haven't posted in a long time.  It's been what?  6 months? 😳
There's so much to catch up on. Too much for one single post so I will just start with family photos.   We had our first family photo shoot as a family of four last month.  We used Plumb Photography, who else. ;)  I honestly don't use her just because she's one of my dearest friends. Her talent is amazing.  I just love her work and  creativity.
When I set the date of our shoot, I knew I wanted to have an old vw van as a prop. Naturally I looked to Pinterest for some idea inspiration and my desire to have a van only grew.  Kyle and Ali both posted on Facebook asking if anyone had a van for us to borrow for the shoot.  Sadly, there were no responses.  The week before our shoot, I was trying to think of other ideas and was a little sad that we couldn't get a van.  Then, two nights before the shoot Kyle and I were driving down a street with lots of car shops. In one of the shops I spotted two vw vans!  I told Kyle that he should call the shop and work his magic and see if we can borrow one.  He called and talked to the owner.  One was for sale and the owner said that it didn't have a title or tag and so couldn't be driven off property. He then went on to say that he knew the owner of the the other van and could give Kyle her number.  He called her and asked her the random question if we could use her van for our family pictures. She was delighted!  I was then delighted!  When she drove that beautiful van into our little spot that we were taking the pictures, I fell in love.  The vans owner was so sweet.  She told us the story about how this was her dream van and she was honored to let us use it. She called it the magic bus and she was happy to share the love. True hippie spirit. :)  Loved her. It took self control not to hug her for letting us use it.  The kids did great.  Anna played shy, per usual for any photo shoot and Nolan flashed his infectious smile.  It was truly magical, thanks to that van.  :)

So, without further ado, here are some of the pictures. Hope you enjoy! :)