Summertime




















It's been a hot minute since I've posted last.
It's summer time here and so we've been super busy enjoying it.
There's been lots of water activities, family visits, and traveling.  As well as the lazy, not going to do much kind of days thrown in too.  I'm loving it all.



Within a month, I was able to visit two of my dearest friends from out of town.  My BFF of 28 years lives in Georgia.  I went to go visit her for a weekend.   It's always a good time when we get together.
 



It was also my first time leaving Harper for longer than 24 hours.  I was a bit nervous how she, (and let's be honest- how I, myself), would do.  She did great.  (Praise Jesus!)
It was good that she did so great because a little two weeks later I was flying to Oregon to go see my other friend, Rachel.  It was so good to visit my friend on the west coast.  She's my soul sister.  God knew we both needed that visit and connection.  It was my first time visiting the west coast and wow!  So beautiful.
          
             


 Long distance friendships are not the easiest and require a lot from both parties.  But oh so worth it!  Getting to visit both of them this summer has nothing but taught me that.  I cherish their friendships, (as well as the others I am blessed to have), and getting to go on adventures, have heartfelt conversations and laughing until it hurts are so very good for the soul.

Other fun stuff happening this summer so far:
We have signed Anna up for gymnastics.  To say she is excited is such an understatement.  She has been wanting to join for about a year now.  We saw that she is now really ready.  She was able to do a trial class and she was a natural.  Mainly because it's become a hearts passion.  I am so thankful that we are able to get her in.  My prayer is that whenever and whatever my children are into, we are able to support them and the Lord provides for them.  He is such a faithful and giving God.

We are also getting a puppy!  My in laws have two Bichon Frise dogs and their female just had her litter a week ago.  So, we will be getting one sometime in August when she's ready to be away from mama.  We are all very excited.  Of course, I am also a bit nervous because my life is about to be a bit more busy taking care of another living thing.  LOL  But I really am more excited than nervous.  My wonderful husband and my older two have been waiting a long time for this.  😉

That about sums up our summer excitement so far.  To think, we are only a day shy of July.  Summer really is just getting started.   So, cheers from my iced coffee as I finish this post outside our backyard as my kids play in the sun with their cute little tan lines and golden hair.  Here's to summer time and the easy living. 😎💖


And a just because picture.  My beautiful family who I love.  Every season is fun and adventurous with each of them.  This was taken on Father's Day. 💗


Popular Posts