Weekend Recap

Happy Monday my friends!

We had an amazing family weekend here.   With Kyle's work schedule, he alternates every other Saturday and Thursday off.  The last few weeks have been so busy.  Lots of fun!  Nonetheless, very busy.  It's only going to continue getting busy, if not busier, as the summer continues.  This past weekend though had nothing on the calendar.  Meaning, we were making it a family weekend.  And that we did.

Kyle got off early on Friday making it a Fri-yay!  I was then able to go to the next town and do a little shopping.  Solo!  That is always a huge treat for any mom.   I bought what I actually went for in the first place and then hit a few of my favorite stores.   Traffic was crazy on the drive home.  We live in a very touristy area.  So, during spring and summer the roads get very heavy and congested between drivers and pedestrians crossing the busy highways.
Once I finally got back home, we took the kids out to dinner.


Saturday we took our older two to go see Despicable Me 3 while Harper stayed with Grandma and Papa.
 
 We all loved it.  It was a movie worth seeing in theaters for sure.  As you can see, Nolan's best buddy, Monkey, came along too. 😍
After the movies, we went to see the puppies at Kyle's parents house.  We were amazed how big they've grown since we last saw them.  Sorry I didn't get any photos of them.  I will remember to next time.  They are so cute!
We were able to get a babysitter that night and go have a date night.  We went to my favorite local taco restaurant.  The best there is!  We then went and watched our friends band perform at another restaurant off the beach.  It was there that I remembered, 16 years ago this month is when Kyle told me that he was in love with me.  Was a great ending to an amazing day.


Sunday was church and Kyle played some golf with buddies of his.  Then just chilled with the family.

It's these kind of weekends I wish I could bottle up and do over and over.   It was nothing too exciting but those are the best.  Spontaneous and relaxing times spent with my most favorite people are the best.

What is your perfect kind of weekend? 💖